EXPLORING CBGA - CANNABIGEROLIC ACID
This phytocompound is a cannabinoid. In plain English, this plant-derived compound is one of over 100 cannabinoids that have been identified as being specific to cannabis plants. Of these compounds, roughly 80 have been researched so far. Scientists are working to identify the compounds, learn their structure, how they are formed, and what they can do. It’s exciting and painstaking research. Let’s talk about what is known so far.
FACTS ABOUT CBGA
- CBGA WAS DISCOVERED IN 1964. IT IS NOT PSYCHOACTIVE, MEANING THAT YOU WILL NOT GET INTOXICATED FROM CBGA ALONE.
- CBGA IS THE PRECURSOR TO MANY OF THE OTHER CANNABINOID COMPOUNDS. CANNABIS PLANTS THAT ARE USED FOR MEDICAL MARIJUANA CAN BE MANIPULATED BY SELECTIVELY CREATING HYBRID STRAINS TO INCREASE THE PRESENCES OF CBGA.
- CBGA IS THE PARENT OF THCA, CBDA, CBCA AND THE OTHER ACID PRECURSORS (THEY INCLUDE “A” IN THEIR NAMES). THIS MAKES CBGA A BIT LIKE THE QUEEN BEE. WITHOUT IT, NONE OF THE OTHERS EXIST.
- IT IS A TYPE OF PHENOLIC ACID.
- IT TAKES FIVE CHEMICAL REACTIONS TO HAPPEN IN THE RIGHT ORDER FOR CBGA TO FORM.
- CBGA WAS DISCOVERED TO BE THE FIRST BIOGENIC CANNABINOID TO FORM IN CANNABIS SATIVA.
CBGA is the parent of THCA, CBDA, CBCA and the other acid precursors (they include “A” in their names). This makes CBGA a bit like the queen bee. Without it, none of the others exist.
WHAT DOES CBGA DO IN THE BODY?
One thing that the industry is excited about is that CBGA can be manipulated biochemically to form more CBD products. If you don’t know what CBD is capable of, there is a chance that you’ve been living under a rock. Here is a short list to give you an idea of the benefit to humankind that CBD is:
- EASES ANXIETY
- CAN HELP WITH OVERCOMING ADDICTION
- HELPS REGULATE BLOOD SUGAR
- ALLEVIATES TREMORS AND SEIZURE ACTIVITY
- ELEVATES MOODS
- WORKS AS AN ANTI-INFLAMMATORY
- HELPS WITH GASTROINTESTINAL ISSUES SUCH AS IBS AND CROHN’S DISEASE
- HELPS WITH NERVE PAIN
- EASES SYMPTOMS OF LUPUS, PARKINSON’S DISEASE, PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY, FIBROMYALGIA AND MORE
- HELPS RETAIN MEMORIES LONGER IN ALZHEIMER’S PATIENTS
- ACTS AS A NEUROPROTECTANT
This is a partial list of things that CBD has been used successfully for. More research is absolutely necessary to unlock all of the potentials of cannabinoids like CBGA.
THE FUTURE OF CBGA
Farmers are applying to gain permits required to grow hemp and medical marijuana at 3 times the rate of past years. The CBD industry has blown the doors off of sales and strained growers’ ability to keep up with the pace. Thankfully, restrictions on becoming hemp cultivators have eased, allowing easier access to market the crops.
In the past, many farmers shied away from the regulations that seemed to make it difficult to sell their products, once grown. Since the Farm Bill of 2018 was signed in December of that year, the increase in sales, cultivator applications, and product lines have increased exponentially.
In fact, investing in marijuana and hemp is a good bet right now. Some stocks have seen as much as 1200% increases in the past 12 months. Some are calling this the best opportunity for investors since Amazon went public.
Research is happening faster every day. We are learning how the endocannabinoid system (ECS) in the body works and how we can manipulate the way our bodies react to pain. Cannabinoids help the body to help itself. This is a far different approach to man-made chemicals.