EXPLORING CBDVA - CANNABIDIVARINIC ACID
- CBDVA IS A CANNABINOID FOUND IN CANNABIS
- IT IS THE ACIDIC PRECURSOR OF CBDV
- CBDVA, LIKE MANY OTHER CANNABINOIDS, IS NON-PSYCHOACTIVE
- RESEARCHERS BELIEVE CBDVA CONTAINS SOME ANTI-INFLAMMATORY PROPERTIES
- COMPARED TO DELTA-8-THC, DELTA-9-THC, AND CBD, RESEARCH IN CBDVA IS MINIMAL AT THIS POINT
HOW DO CANNABINOIDS ACT IN THE BODY?
Cannabinoids are found in plants from the cannabis family, such as hemp and marijuana.
The human body makes its own cannabinoids, called endocannabinoids. “Endo” simply means within. These endocannabinoids work within the body to help regulate systems that involve pain, appetite, and neurologic functions which include memory.
“The human body makes its own cannabinoids, called endocannabinoids. “Endo” simply means within. These endocannabinoids work within the body to help regulate systems that involve pain, appetite, and neurologic functions.”
WHAT ARE THE MEDICINAL BENEFITS OF CBDVA?
CBDVA has received very little attention and research as of yet, but it is expected to gain more interest in the near future. As science has progressed, more cannabinoids have been discovered, and researched, like Delta-8-THC and Delta-9-THC, THCA and more. There are over 100 cannabinoids that are currently being explored by the medical establishment. We are sure to learn more about their properties and potential benefits within the coming years.
This said, CBDVA seems to possess anti-inflammatory benefits that can ease arthritis pain, swelling from an injury, and constant pain from chronic conditions.
“Cannabinoids may be what ultimately leads to cures for diseases and conditions that have plagued mankind and baffled scientists up to now. Each day we learn more about how cannabis can help with cancer patients and we’ve seen tumors shrink in lab rats. These are exciting times to be involved in the research of cannabinoids.”
Additionally, we know that cannabinoids, in general, are able to:
- EASE ANXIETY
- SLOW TUMOR GROWTH AND ERADICATE CANCER CELLS
- HELP REDUCE SYMPTOMS OF NAUSEA AND VOMITING
- BALANCE WEIGHT BY STIMULATING APPETITE IN THOSE SUFFERING FROM CONDITIONS THAT REDUCE APPETITE TYPICALLY
- RELAX MUSCLES FOR THOSE WHO SUFFER TIGHTNESS AFTER SEIZURES, SPASMS WITH MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS AND MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY
- REDUCE SEIZURE ACTIVITY
- RELIEVE THE SYMPTOMS OF PTSD
- HELPS TO CONTROL TREMORS WITH PARKINSON’S DISEASE
THE HISTORY AND FUTURE OF CANNABINOID RESEARCH
Research is just beginning to get into a full-swing and many say it has barely scratched the surface of the conditions that cannabinoids may be able to potentially help with. At this time, research facilities and universities are scrambling to learn more and labs all around the world are involved.
Cannabinoids may be what ultimately leads to cures for diseases and conditions that have plagued mankind and baffled scientists up to now. Each day we learn more about how cannabis can help with cancer patients and we’ve seen tumors shrink in lab rats. These are exciting times to be involved in the research of cannabinoids.
Research began to speed-up rapidly after the medical marijuana legalization that took place in California, and then in Colorado. Now that CBD oils are becoming popular due to the signing of the Farm Bill, the call for research and more products has become a drum beat.
Science is responding, as are privately owned laboratories that seek to make money from their own research and products. The public is benefiting from the research explosion that is taking place right now.
We know so much more about the specific applications of cannabinoids today than we did just twenty years ago. We now know that:
- CBDA: Inhibits cancer cell growth and reduces inflammation
- CBG: Helps with sleep, inhibits cancer cell growth, promotes bone growth, and slows bacterial growth
- THCA: Stops muscle spasms, as well as slowing bacterial growth and aiding sleep
- Delta-8-THC: Relieves pain specifically
- THCV: Reduces convulsions and seizures specifically
- Delta-9-THC: Reduced vomiting/nausea most specifically
You can easily imagine the implications of the benefits of the above when applied to cancer patients, Parkinson’s disease patients, Crohn’s disease sufferers and others.