Blockchain Verified Certification Now Available with Every Sample COA
With the rapidly growing cannabis/hemp industry and demand for cannabinoid potency testing, a new opponent towards the integrity of our industry has begun to be more prevalent: counterfeited potency certificates of analysis (COA). As a member of the industry, Ionization Labs strives to provide the most accurate and transparent results. In an effort to raise the standard in the industry we are now storing all our potency test results on the CERTUS® Blockchain, as Veri-CERTUS®
Veri-CERTUS®, short for Verified - CERTUS®, where “Veri” indicates the results are verified through our ISO certified lab and “CERTUS®” indicates they are authenticated through the CERTUS® blockchain. With this industry-first approach any Ionization Labs COA lacking a Veri-CERTUS® QR code can immediately be deemed falsified, corrupted, and/or altered.
Writing the original lab results and lab information to the CERTUS® blockchain t makes a tamper proof copy of the data.
To authenticate Ionization Labs using Veri-CERTUS® is simple. Using one's phone first, scan the application QR code found on the COA (the smaller QR code), second download the CERTUS® app, third using the CERTUS® App scan the CERTUS® Authentic QR code (the larger QR code). This will now show the COA data as originally stored. Crosscheck the results on the CERTUS® with the results on the Ionization Labs COA. If the results are not matching the COA is counterfeit.
The CERTUS® blockchain utilized is a highly secure Keyless Signature Infrastructure (KSI) blockchain through SICPA, meeting government standards worldwide. CERTUS® and SICPA use a tamper proof QR code which removes any possibility for the data to be modified, falsified, or corrupted.
- The ISO certification of the lab validates the accuracy of sample result data.
- Test results and COA’s issued through Cann-ID are automatically captured and secured using SICPA’s CETUS® blockchain KSI.
- Data can be verified by anyone with a mobile device validating on the CERTUS® ® secure website.
- The third-party blockchain authenticates the lab’s findings as presented on the COA
- Cann-ID not only supports easy access to important industry data it also secures and validates the authenticity of that data through high-level security anti-counterfeiting solution CERTUS®
Our newest potency test pricing will be rolled out in early 2022 and will be as follows:
- $99 for a 24 Hour turnaround potency test
- $59 for a 72 Hour turnaround potency test
Each test includes a complimentary Veri-CERTUS®
- TLDR: What is CERTUS® ?
- CERTUS® is the branding of the SICPA service we are using to make your COA counterfeit proof
- How come your old way of doing COAs and its QR code wasn’t good enough?
- It was good enough but as the industry evolves, we continuously innovate to provide our customers, theirs, and the industry better more secure solutions.
- The old QR code is simply for sharing , the CERTUS® Authenticity QR is to authenticate the results.
- Does this share my data with the government? Am I going to get in trouble if my sample is illegal?
- No, the data is not shared with the government.
- Why does it look like that? I like the old COA better. Can you switch mine back to that?
- The old COA can be counterfeited with the new CERTUS® QR; this result cannot be modified.
- Who has access to the data? Where is the data to be stored? Can I post this on my website?
- Anyone with the COA can access this data which is stored on blockchain, and yes please share it!
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out. We will be more than happy to answer any questions, comments, or concerns.
The team at Ionization Labs / Cann-ID