How to Submit a Hemp Potency Sample with Ionization Labs
At Ionization Labs we want to help ensure that your samples arrive at our lab without experiencing any issues during the process. Our goal is to make third-party and in-house potency testing as accessible and standardized as possible. If you are curious about the process of ‘How to submit a sample?’ with Ionization Labs, please utilize the following steps:
1. Order a Sample Through our Online Store
In a web browser, visit https://ionizationlabs.com/hemp-testing-lab/ and select either the Premium 24 Hour Potency Test or our Standard 72 Hour Potency Test.
- Ionization Labs offers multiple bulk testing packages that can reduce the cost of testing. Determine the quantity of test(s) needed and the time-frame the results need to be reported.
- Add the applicable items to your digital cart.
- If bulk samples are submitted separately, the submitter will need to complete a separate Chain of Custody for each respective shipment.
- Note: Bulk orders can be maintained as a store credit and do not need to be submitted together.
- Once the test(s) have been added to the cart, click “Proceed to Checkout” utilizing our easy-to-use interface.
- After you have logged in or created an account with us, review the items in the cart. Proceed by entering billing information ie. credit card, debit card, etc.
- Important: After completing your order, you will be taken to a ‘Thank You’ screen where you must complete your ‘Chain of Custody Form’.
- Whatever email is input into this section will dictate where the Certificate of Analysis (COA) will be sent.
- Enter the quantity of tests beneath the contact information
- Please input the correct number of samples that will be shipped to the lab from your order. Failure to do so will result in inability to add your sample information.
Add the samples you plan on sending by clicking “ Add Sample Information'' for each respective sample. Once complete, you will receive your ILCTS Order Number to include on each of your sample/s. If you forget/ get timed out of the Chain of Custody form, please use this link to complete your order.
Chain of Custody - (https://zfrmz.com/rqnDJSKUIRcq201WVoiX)
2. Prepare your samples for submission
How much sample is required for testing?
- 3 to 5 grams dry/wet for plant material (biomass, flower, bud) - per sample analysis
- 0.5 to 1 gram for oil, wax, shatter, distillate & isolate, concentrates/extracts, vape oils - per sample analysis
- 3 grams of topical (roll-ons, lotions, creams, gels, salves) – per sample analysis
- 3 to 5 pieces of edibles and capsules – per sample analysis
- 5 mL tinctures and infused oils - per sample analysis
- 60 mL for water soluble suspended in H2O - per sample analysis
Please ensure that bud/flower sample(s) are within 10 - 12% dry weight (moisture content). This is mandated by the USDA, and we want to be sure to give you an accurate analysis of your sample. If your sample is not dry or cured this will delay your analysis, and sample(s) will be subject to 24 to 72-hour delay to cure your material so that we can effectively give you an analysis that you can count on.
CTS is not responsible for delays due to the client's failure to provide sample-ready material. Sample in-take ends at 2 PM CST. Thus, if a sample is processed after that deadline, it will be tested the following day. Ionization Labs is open Monday to Friday from 9 AM - 5 PM. No samples will be processed during the weekends. If you have any further questions please call us at (512) 470 - 7262.
Samples should be clearly labeled with:
- Chain of Custody ILCTSxxx number clearly stated
- Company and/or Client Name
- Sample Name
- Batch ID(optional)
- Date Sample taken (if applicable)
3. Send your samples to us
How to Package Your Sample
We recommend that you contact FedEx and request their envelopes and Paks (boxes) to ship your product. FedEx will provide these items to you for free. Ionization Labs can also send you a sampling kit, but this will delay your shipments.
IMPORTANT: Write your ILCTSxxx Order Number on each bag(s) containing your samples.
- Place each sample to be tested individually into its own sample bag with labels.
- If using the Ionization Labs ‘CTS Sample Bags’, please seal each sample bag with the provided orange ‘Hemp Sample’ seal that is barcoded. (sign & date if needed)
- Document any important information on the sample bag in order to make sure that each sample can easily be distinguished from the others.
- You can use the ‘Sample Labels’ provided in the purchase confirmation email, and attach them to your product.
- ILCTSxxx Number
- Sample Number
- Sample/Strain/Product Name information.
- Place the samples in your shipper container.
- If you are sending samples in glass or plastic vials, be sure to wrap them properly to prevent breakage in transport.
- If you are shipping your own samples or want to drop them off, please use the following Address to send samples to:
Ionization Labs: Lab Services
3636 Dime Circle STE A
Austin, TX 78744
Ionization Labs turnaround time guarantee commences when the sample is received on or before 2:00 pm Central Time, Monday to Friday.
Samples received after that time will be processed the next business day, Monday to Friday.
We look forward to receiving and analyzing your samples! Thank you for choosing Ionization Labs for your potency testing analysis.
The Ionization Labs Team